Join us on a whale watching tour for the chance to spot humpback whales and orcas in the beautiful Alaskan waters. Group discounts (4+) guaranteed best rate.
Wooshkeetan Fishing Adventure
Shared Charter Duration: Approximately 3 hours
Private Charter Duration: Approximately 5.5 hours
Pickup/Drop Off: Icy Strait Point Excursions Hub
- Traveler (min. 50 lbs) plus Tax & Fishing License
- Private Whole Boat Charter plus Tax & Fishing Licenses
Experience Icy Strait Fishing!
About your Captain:
Captain Billy is a locally raised Tlingit of Hoonah, Alaska. His Tlingit name is Deikee Jaak of the Wooshkeetaan “Eagle/Shark House.” Captain Billy started fishing the waters of SE Alaska and Icy Strait with his father, uncles and grandfather at a young age. Captain Billys knowledge of area waters is unsurpassed and his desire to share it with you is second to none!
About the boat:
The Silver Spoon is a 36 foot custom aluminum catamaran made by Munson Co Inc. The catamaran hull makes for a nice, fast ride and stable fishing platform. She is fully equipped with all available safety gear and state of the art electronics. She has a heated cabin with comfortable seating for all and a marine head/restroom. She is outfitted with Twin Yamaha 250 Outboards which makes getting to the fishing grounds a short ride!
About Hoonah & Icy Strait:
Southeast Alaska and Icy Strait in particular, has some of the best halibut and salmon fishing around. The biggest halibut on record was caught inside Icy Strait! That is exactly where you will be fishing! Hoonah is literally a stones throw from Icy Strait so no time is wasted getting to the fishing grounds and the hooks down!
Icy Strait Fishing Highlights:
- Fish where the locals go!
- Small Group Fishing Limited to 6 Travelers
- Comfortable Full Walk Around, Custom Munson Aluminum Catamaran with Enclosed Cabin
- Heated Cabin & Restroom
- A minimum of 4 Anglers are needed for this trip to go out. Groups of less than 6 will be combined with others in order to meet minimums.
**Alaska requires everyone over the age of 16 to possess a valid Alaskan Fishing license. A One Day License cost $25. King Salmon anglers also need a corresponding King Salmon Stamp.
- Round Trip Transfers
- All Fishing Gear & Bait
- Bottled Water & Snack (Guest can bring their own snacks and non-alcoholic beverage to enjoy if they choose to.)