Join us on a whale watching tour for the chance to spot humpback whales and orcas in the beautiful Alaskan waters. Group discounts (4+) guaranteed best rate.
Fairweather Kayak Adventure
Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Traveler (min. 50 lbs)
Experience the natural beauty of Hoonah by Kayak!
The reasons to Kayak with us are endless! A few reasons might be to experience unspoiled nature and stunning scenery amid a mountainous back drop! Or simply the serenity and peace that speaks to ones soul while gliding silently across the water in this majestic, remote location.
Cody Anderson, Your Kayak Adventure Guide
Cody is as local as it gets! He grew up right here in Hoonah, Alaska! He has over 10 years of kayaking experience in the waters of Port Frederick and his local knowledge of the area is unmatched.
Cody is an American Canoe Association (ACA) Certified Guide Instructor. He also carries certifications as a Red Cross EMT and is a certified Lifeguard Instructor. You are in good hands with Cody!
Your Kayak experience will take you into the calm waters of Port Frederick. Enjoy the serenity that can only be had while quietly gliding across the water enjoying the beautiful Alaskan scenery. Wildlife such as; Eagles, Seals, Sea Lions, Sitka black tail deer, Whales, and even a bear on the beach are possible sightings.
What to Expect:
- After disembarking your ship you will proceed to the Excursions Hub
- At the Excursions Hub you will meet up with our VIP Transport Company Hoonah Travel Adventures
- Hoonah Travel Adventures will issue you a wristlet and bring you into downtown Hoonah, a short 1.5 mile ride
- Your Kayak Adventure Guide will be waiting to receive you
- Your experience will start with basic instructions on how to paddle for those who are new to the sport, and safety gear will be issued
- You will then walk across the street to the George Hall Memorial Harbor where we will launch the kayak
- Once in the water, as you make your way toward Port Frederick you will kayak around Pitt Island and toward the Long Island area
- Watch the shoreline on the way out, you might see a brown bear on the beach
- Your Kayak Experience will end back at the harbor
- You can stay in town and do some shopping and see the sights if you like. The wristlet you were issued will get you a free ride back to the ship when you are ready. Shuttles leave every 30 minutes from the same location you met your guide.
Children must be 12 years or older to participate in the tour.
- Back to ship on time Guaranteed!
- Round Trip Transfer from Icy Strait Point Excursion Hub
- Personal Floatation Device (PFD)